Vilnius College of Technologies and Designkhatib
The origin of Vilnius College of Technologies and Design was established (in its current structure) in 2008, with the integration of Vilnius Technical College into Vilnius College of Construction and Design. However, the origin of different faculties dates back to as far as 1930s (Technical School). Petras Vileišis Railway Transport Faculty roots from 1947, the establishment of Vilnius Railway Transport Technical School. Civil Engineering Faculty evolved from Vilnius Technical School of Construction, established in 1954, and so did the Design Faculty.
The College of Technologies and Design consists of 4 faculties: The Civil Engineering Faculty, the Design Faculty, the Petras Vileisis Railway Transport Faculty, and the Technical Faculty. They boast around 3,000 students and 200 professors and other staff members. It is a state institution of higher education.
The College of Technologies and Design prepares highly-qualified specialists that are able to work successfully throughout Lithuania and the European Union. College applies strategies of Lifelong Learning. The quality of specialist preparation is contantly being increased in order to meet the growing competitiveness of the labor market.
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design participates in international projects, cooperates with partners in Lithuania and similar institutions of higher education abroad. The College of Technologies and Design is a member of the European Association for International Education (EAIE), Universities of Applied Sciences network (UASnet), and the European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASCHE).
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design is the third largest university of applied sciences in Lithuania, and is held in high acclaim by our graduates. We offer over twenty professional bachelor’s degree programmes: VTDK is large enough for you to get everything you need out of an education, but small enough that you can make friends with other students and even your professors.
The Vilnius College of Technologies and Design International Office will help you put your course schedule together, make reservations at the student dormitory and provide guidance and information in everyday student life.
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design is a state university of applied sciences. VTDK trains specialists who upon graduation are well qualified to take up successful job positions at companies both in Lithuania and abroad.
Full Time Studies
Applications open in April. Prerequisites for admission into study programmes at Vilnius College of Technologies and Design are a secondary education (high school, other equivalent) diploma, intermediate (or higher) English language skills and artistic skills (for candidates to our Design study programs).
· Foreign citizens applying for studies at VTDK must submit these compulsory documents by May 15th to:
· Education documents (certificate, diploma) with supplements (which must be legalized or labelled with Apostle for non-EU citizens): a document verifying the qualification received abroad. The applicant has to present this Qualification recognition certificate, issued by Center for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (Lithuania). On initial application, simple copies of education documents are sufficient. Completed secondary education is a prerequisite for all study programmes at VTDK.
· TOEFL or IELTS certificate, if obtained by the applicant. On initial application, a copy of such a document is sufficient. In the case of absence of a certificate proving language skills, the applicant shall take part in a live video interview in English with a member of the Acceptance Commission
· Creative portfolio – only for applicants to Design Faculty study programmes.
· Notarized copy of a personal identification document. On initial application, a high-definition copy of such personal identification document is sufficient.
· Two document-sized photos. On initial application, a digital photo in the application form is sufficient.
· Non-EU and non-EEA applicants must obtain adequate visa documents (unless visa-free agreements exist between the country of citizenship and Lithuania). A national D type visa is required for full-time studies in Lithuania. When the student is admitted, the College prepares and provides a Letter of Acceptance (Inter-Mediation Document) for the embassy.
Please note that we organize only one intake per academic year (September 1 st).